Back PainFebruary 6, 2023 2023-02-06 19:15
What to know about Back pain?
Back pain is a common issue for many people, and it can range from mild to severe. It is important to be aware of the causes and treatments available to successfully manage back pain. Knowing the warning signs and understanding how to prevent back pain are key elements in leading an active, healthy lifestyle.
What causes Back pain?
Here are some of the possible causes of back Pain;
- poor posture
- lack of exercise resulting in stiffening of the spine and weak muscles
- muscle strains or sprains.
Other rarer causes of back pain include:
- bone problems such as a fracture – often linked to thinning of the bones, which is known as osteoporosis
- an infection
- a tumor
How to ease back pain
What to do:
- Persist in your everyday activities, and be sure to stay physically active.
- Inflammation painkillers like ibuprofen or paracetamol can usually be used with another anti-inflammatory agent for pain relief, but ibuprofen on its own is not suggested for use in back pain.
- Use a stimulating ice pack (or a bag of frozen peas) wrapped in a kitchen tea towel to obtain pain relief for swelling.
- A heat pack (or hot water bottle) wrapped in a tea towel can be used to relieve joint pain or muscle spasms.
- Consider doing some exercises and stretches to deal with back discomfort.
How to Prevent back pain
The primary actions for treating back pain include carrying on with everyday activities and having a healthy lifestyle. It’s common for individuals with back pain to be worried about performing certain activities for example bending or lifting, as these actions may worsen their pain.
Due to the strengthened muscles and secure weight, regular exercise helps build strength and impact body weight. Low-impact, yet guided aerobics can help safeguard the heart while supporting the muscles without straining or disrupting the back.
Types of exercise for back pain
It is recommended to choose something that you enjoy when choosing a fitness routine that will help you manage back pain because you have better odds of sticking to it. There are many forms of exercise that have been effective for those with back pain. Examples that might include are:
- going to the gym.
Maintain proper posture when standing
Make sure you have a neutral posture. Stand upright, with the head up and back while standing up straight and balancing your weight equally on both feet. Keep your legs straight and your neck in line with the spine.
Maintain proper posture when sitting
Sit up with your back straight and your shoulders back. Your buttocks should touch the back of your chair. All 3 normal back curves should be present while sitting. You can use a small, rolled-up towel or a lumbar roll to help maintain the normal curves in your back
Avoid lifting and twisting at the same time
Check if another person can assist you in lifting something that is particularly heavy. When lifting it, keep looking straight ahead, not up or down, so that the spine remains in alignment.
Here at Cervicaltractions.com, we have Saunders Cervical Traction Device and Saunders Lumbar Traction Device which can also help you with your back pain. You may call us at 770-441-9808 if you need any help with the products.