Saunders Lumbar Home Traction DeviceSeptember 9, 2022 2022-09-09 16:41
Saunders Lumbar Home Traction Device
The Saunders Lumbar Traction Device is a safe option for patients with lumbar degenerative disc disease. The Lumbar Traction Device’s friction-free surface ensures smooth movement and leak-free operation. The splittable design of this traction device provides consistency in treatment. It is a portable therapeutic solution intended to enhance patient compliance and satisfaction.
Saunders Lumbar Home Traction Device includes:
- Lumbar Hand Pump
- User’s Guide
- Upper harness
- Lower Harness
- Carrying Case and Harnesses
Saunders Lumbar Home Traction Device Features
- Easy to read pressure gauge
- Blow-off valve
- Patented pneumatic system
- Portable treatment solution
- Patented pump design
- Simple “click in place” mechanism
Before You Begin
Review the guidelines you received from your health care provider regarding the:
- amount of traction recommended (never so much that it causes pain)
- duration (amount of time) of each treatment
- hold and relax times if intermittent traction is recommended
- number of treatments recommended per week or per day (or the frequency of treatments)
For lumbar (low back) traction, remove clothing, belts, and accessories around the trunk and lower back area. The upper and lower harnesses will stay more secure if they are in contact with bare skin. Therefore, for best results, slip your shirt up and slide your pants down below your hips or remove them.
Preparing for Treatment
1. Place the Saunders Lumbar Traction device in its case on a firm surface or bed with the wheels facing up.
2. Remove the wheels and unzip the case. Open the case lid toward the head of the bed or treatment surface.
3. Remove the hand pump from the mesh storage compartment. Place the hand pump next to the device.
4. Open the buckles on each of the harnesses. Position the lower harness so it is slightly overlapping the upper harness.
5. Have a clock, timer, or wristwatch available to time your treatment.
Hand Pump Operation
- Once the user is secure and comfortable in the Saunders Lumbar Traction device, they can apply traction by pumping air into the system using the hand pump.
- First, rotate the gauge housing of the hand pump to the “PUMP” position.
- Begin SLOWLY pumping air into the cylinder by stroking the pump handle all the way out and all the way in.
- Observe the gauge to make sure everything is within the guidelines provided by the health care provider.
- When the user has reached the desired amount of stretch, they will have to rotate the gauge housing to the “HOLD” position.
- Begin timing the treatment now, following the instructions of the health care provider.
Contradiction for use
Traction should not be used to treat these conditions:
- Acute or traumatic injury
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spinal instability
- Spinal cord compression
- Infections and inflammatory diseases
- Any other conditions that may be made worse by movement
- Maintain clinical gains between appointments
- Save limited in-clinic visits for valuable one-on-one time with the clinician
- Perform daily treatments in the home, workplace, or when traveling
- Effectively manage chronic conditions
- Effectively applies up to 200 pounds of traction.
All surfaces of your Saunders Lumbar Traction device may be cleaned with a mild detergent or disinfectant. Do not immerse the device in water. The carrying case should be left in the “open” position to air dry. If the device is transferred between different users, all surfaces should be cleaned using standard cleaning techniques paying particular attention to the components that come in contact with the body.
Your Saunders Lumbar Traction device should be stored in its protective case. Replace the pump in the mesh storage compartment on the inside of the carrying case. Fold all harnesses, closing buckles where applicable. Fully zip the carrying case.
In conclusion, the Saunders Lumbar Traction Device is a great tool for managing back pain. It is easy to use, portable, and affordable. It is a safe and effective way to provide relief from back pain. You may visit our website Cervical Tractions for your Saunders Lumbar Traction Device purchase. You can also call 770-441-9808 and we will be more than happy to assist you!