What To Know About Saunders Cervical Traction DeviceMay 11, 2022 2022-05-11 15:23
What To Know About Saunders Cervical Traction Device
The Saunders Cervical Traction System doesn’t come cheap. Depending on where you shop, you might not be able to find it for less than $300. But that doesn’t matter as much if it actually relieves neck pain. Here, you’ll find a complete review of the Saunders Cervical Traction Device with all the information you need to determine if it’s the right option for you.
Saunders Cervical Traction Review: The Pros and Cons
The neck decompression offered by the Saunders treatments is advantageous to anyone who is suffering from neck and upper shoulder pain.
It can be helpful for:
- Herniated or bulging disc in the cervical spine
- Pinched nerves in the neck and shoulders
- Neck muscle tension and headaches associated with it
- Neck Arthritis
- Neck strains
- Powerful – Up to 50lbs traction force
- Easy to use and comes fully assembled
- Can be operated without help from other people
- Safe and comfortable
- Fits all neck sizes
- Portable and comes with a carrying case
- It May take some time to get used to and find optimal settings
- Developed for treating neck discomfort, this high-quality home device for cervical decompression does not apply pressure to the back curve of the neck.
- The Saunders can hold up to 50 pounds of tension on the cervical spine of your spinal column, extending it safely. When you extend your neck hard this way, it contributes to the reduction of the strain on your nerves, discs, and muscles.
Immediate pain relief is possible for some individuals when taking the pressure off of the discs that lie in between the bones (spinal bones) is done. It can also release the nerve spaces where nerves exit your spinal canal and allow pressure on the compressed nerve to be released.
Proper cervical traction can be the fastest (natural!) way to stop neck pain completely and in the long term.
How to Use the Saunders Cervical Traction Device
If you want to decompress your spine at home, it has to be easy and comfortable. It should be safe and require no help from anyone else.
Through our research we’ve found that the Saunders Cervical traction Device is extremely easy to use:
- You simply lie down on a flat surface with your head resting on the two neck holders.
- Then you fasten your forehead with the strap and slowly pump up the pressure with a pump held in your hand until you reach comfortable tension.
- As you do this the device pulls your head away from your body stretching out deep muscles in your neck and relieving pressure off your vertebrae.
It’s definitely easier to use than any over-the-door cervical traction unit, and more comfortable than the inflatable traction devices that can make you feel strangled.
Saunders Cervical Traction Device: Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Pressure Should I Use with The Saunders Cervical Traction?
- 25 to 40 lb of force for the mid and lower cervical spine is often clinically effective when the body is in need to undergo a separation of the intervertebral space. For example, radiculopathy is caused by herniated cervical disc, intraforaminal nerve root encroachment, degenerative disc or joint disease, or facet joint impingement. In other conditions where muscles are primarily impacted, less force may be necessary. Examples include suboccipital or upper trapezius muscle tension or shortening.
How Long Should You Use a Cervical Traction Device?
- 10-20 minutes is the optimal treatment amount except for herniated discs, which require less time than 5-10 minutes. The longer the treatment, the less the positive impact it will have, and treatment frequency depends on your response. Traction may be done daily, twice daily, or two to three times a week. It’s best to get a prescription from your doctor.
Is Saunders Comfortable?
- The Saunders traction unit is more comfortable than the over-the-door models. You can easily forget about valuable or dental pain, and as long as you keep the pull pressure within reasonable bounds (start with 12 lbs only and build up gradually) you will only feel the soothing comfort. If you’ve ever tried relaxing your neck while experiencing neck traction, you’ve probably noticed that it’s challenging. It feels like your neck muscles reject the traction. Studies have shown that much of this resistance to traction is resolved by causal or reclining traction. The Saunders offers reclined traction, to maximize relaxation and increase the decompression effectivity. It has a customizable inclination from 15 to 25 degrees at the push of a button.
- In addition: it has a memory pillow, which conforms to your head.
Does it Fit Every Neck Size?
- The Saunders neck wedges have adjustable widths and can be rotated to create a custom fit for every neck size. The rotation of the neck wedges and the width adjusting mechanism ensure that it fits every neck size.
Can You Assemble and Operate the Saunders without Help?
- The Saunders system comes fully assembled, and anyone can put it together without assistance.
Does Cervical Traction Cause Pain? Is it Safe?
- As long as you start neck traction slowly and gradually, the only physical result is fast and comforting relief. However, some individuals, most desperate for neck pain relief, will jump straight to using the device at 100% and apply the maximum 50 pounds of traction. While this may provide temporary instant gratification, the pain will come back within a couple of hours and can be more painful after only a short while. We highly recommend that you consult with your physician or physical therapist about specific instructions for neck traction before using the Saunders.
Is the Saunders Portable?
- Saunders is portable, lightweight, and can be easily transported and handled. Its size and weight, 20.5 by 8 by 12.5 inches, are 8 pounds.
Where can I buy the Saunders Cervical Traction Device?
- We recommend purchasing the Saunders Cervical Traction Device from Cervicaltractions.com. Our professional Customer Care Team will be happy to assist you in placing an order. If you encounter any problems or issues with the unit, we will take care of them for you.
The Saunders neck traction home unit is one of the best neck traction home devices in the market.
- It’s a high-quality device, sturdy, and won’t break down easily
- Fits all neck sizes
- Cost-effective and saves a lot of money on clinic treatments
- Customer service is very good
- Comes fully assembled, and can be operated safely alone, whenever you need it.
- Portable and can be taken when traveling (carrying case is included)
- Easy to use and comfortable
- We highly recommend this before rushing into a surgery. Start slow and work into your settings. Give it a real chance and you may find yourself canceling surgery in a couple of weeks.